I have moved!

Please visit the new and improved Paper Garden Blog. I'd love to have you stop by. Just click HERE

Monday, August 20, 2007

Beate's sketch challenge....


I attempted Beate's sketch challenge this weekend. Sadly, this is the better of the two (see previous post) - I'm not even sharing the other.

I'm sharing this mainly because it has a lot of masking, which I love to do. Its always kind of a little surprise when you pull the masks off. You never really know what it will look like till its done.

BTW - I love using Eclipse paper for masking. I like the way it sticks better than post it notes and my masks last a lot longer. I just put the mask in the case with the stamps and use it over and over. You can buy Eclipse paper at Cat's Craft Cupboard (and she has great prices on Prism cardstock and is having a 15% off sale- yummy!).

For this card, I used all justjohanna stamps. First I stamped Jacqueline (blue bird) and masked her. Then I stamped Auntie Stu (yellow) and masked her. Then I stamped Candace (brown bird) and - yes- masked her. Finally I stamped Mable the cat and masked her. With everything masked, I stamped the cage last. I used a stamp positioner to do the cage. I usually don't bother - I just eyeball. But with all that stamping and masking I didn't want to have to do it over. Sounds complicated but its really not hard - especially if you already have the masks.

After I pulled the masks off, all I had to do was complete the 2 cage bars in front of Mable with a marker. I colored the images with Prismacolor pencils and blended with odorless mineral spirits.

Well, thanks for looking...........

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cathrine, your card is absolutely wonderful! The colors and papers you chose, the darling stamps, your coloring, the scallop border and the eyelets.
AWESOME card!
Thanks so much for playing with the sketch.
Have a great week. Hugs and smiles

Alhambra Club said...

Love this card, and the birdies are the winner, must say though if it were my cat, he would be in the same position hiding in the cage.

Angela said...

Cathy, love your card!!

This is the first sketch challenge that I participated in. I really enjoyed working with this sketch.

Julie Prichard said...

I think this looks great!

Kathi said...

Wow! Great job with the masking and the coloring.

I love the eyelets and border too.

Dianne said...

This card is adorable! What wonderful masking work

Anonymous said...

Cathrine this is gorgeous !!! great job !!! how I love your jj cards !

emilia in Taiwan said...

Wow! your masking bring the best works! So impressed the the bird cage