I have moved!

Please visit the new and improved Paper Garden Blog. I'd love to have you stop by. Just click HERE

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A frog in my throat....



Well, actually on my card....

I thought this little guy was so cute. He is from a company called Prickly Pear art stamps. The sentiment is from The Angel Company.

I was goofing around with a bunch of my "toys" to make this card; my Cuttlebug of course for the background and a corner punch. I used the corner punch on the sentiment by inserting and punching the ends of a strip.

I also was playing with my Prismacolor and Copic markers on this one (trying to practice shading and shadow). I'm pretty determined to learn how to really use these things. I'd love to take a hands on class - but can't find anything like that near me. So I'll keep reading what I can and messing around with them. I want to get some more light shades and don't know whether to get Copics or Prismacolors. They both have their pluses and minuses.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

What a great fun card, love the embossing and your coloring is fantastic.

Trudy Osborn said...

I LOVE this! The embossing is so perfect for that stamped image! Great card

emilia in Taiwan said...

No... you don't need class at all! You did excellent job with these tools already! :-)

Kathi said...

I agree with Emilia! You're doing a great job teaching yourself.

I love the card. Great image and the embossed paper background is perfect!