I have moved!

Please visit the new and improved Paper Garden Blog. I'd love to have you stop by. Just click HERE

Friday, October 5, 2007

World Card Manking Day Challenge

Yay! Its challenge time!

OK... My challenge is called Fabulous Folds.

All you have to do is make a card with an unusual fold. Any design, any stamps - it just has to have a fold that is a little different. Easy huh?


Here are a couple samples in case you need an idea. But feel free to be creative and come up with your own fabulous folds. All of my samples use my justjohanna stamps.


This first sample card is a Z-fold. The front of a regular card is folded up on itself and then decorated.




Here it is open....





























This next card is called a flip card. The base cardstock is cut and scored so that when you pull the right and left edges of the card, the center flips over, showing the image on the other side.


If you would like to try a card like this, there is a great tutorial on Splitcoast Sampers here.


Here is the front.





And here it is open.


This is a very easy little action card. My kids love them.







My last sample is a criss cross card. Two triangular side flaps are folded over each other to make a pocket card. Splitcoast also has a tutorial for this card here.

So... please enter my little challenge.


All you have to do is make a fabulous fold card and post it on a blog or in a gallery. Then just leave me a comment here with a link to your card.



And don't forget to take a guess at my favorite justjohanna critter to increase your chances to win.

I will be randomly drawing one winner for the limited edition justjohanna rubber stamp and drawing another name for my prize (in the previous post).

And don't forget, Johanna will be drawing one name out of all the entrants from all the challenges to win a $250 justjohanna shopping spree!.

If you do not have a gallery or blog, you can register for the justjohanna forum and post your card there. You may want to hop over there anyway to see all that is going on there for Card Making Day. There a many other challenge contests and you can find out all about them there.

14 comments:

Godelieve said...

Cathrine, thanks for these inspiring cards. I'm going to copy the second on soon ;) They are all really beautiful!

Here is my card:
Fabulous Folds

Donna C. said...

Which owls did you use? I went to the site and searched owl and got 20, but none of them are the ones you used. The site just overwhelms me because things can be found in 5 categories for one image and then you cannot find others at all.

Donna
rubystamper@neofast.net

Alhambra Club said...

Wow, these are great, love the folds on these cards

MelissaS said...

Here's my entry to the challenge. http://whatdoyouink.blogspot.com/2007/10/wcmd-challenge-2.html

And I think your mystery stamp is Belle... Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Your cards are wonderful. Here is my first attempt at a criss cross card ... hopefully I am doing this correctly:

http://www.time2stamp.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=613&page=0

Thanks for the challenge. And I think your favorite critter is Belle?

Cheryl KVD said...

Great challenge! Here is mine:

http://www.time2stamp.com/gallery/data/578/IMG_0352_1.JPG

Thanks!
Cheryl KVD

Renée Storch said...

This was fun for me. I'm newly experimenting with different card sizes and folds. Here is my card

http://neeskreativekorner.blogspot.com/2007/10/fun-folds.html

Rika said...

Wonderful cards!
My entry is on my blog

Tee said...

well here's my take on this. my very first criss cross card...had great fun...and really love all your cards..

http://paranormalthoughts.blogspot.com/2007/10/wcmd.html

Cathrine StClair said...

Here is a Fab fold entry for Janell (I'm just helping her post it)

http://www.time2stamp.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=658&cat=578

Thanh Vo said...

Thank you so much for the fun card! I have to admit this was the last card I made of the 12 for the JJ challenges... and I think you can sorta tell that I was burning out. LOL But here is my entry:

http://yummycreations.blogspot.com/2007/10/wcmd-jj-take-3.html

Thanh Vo said...

Is it also too late to add that I also think that your fav critters are those adorable birds that JJ has? I noticed that you almost always use them in your cards, and heck why not - they are so darned cute!

Cathrine StClair said...

Posting this for Linda Carson.

http://www.time2stamp.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=676&limit=recent

Fairle Beaman Carroll said...

Love that owl flip card; adorable!

Here's mine with a Z-fold, thank you!!!

http://stamping101.blogspot.com/2007/10/wcmd-challenge-fun-folds.html