I have moved!

Please visit the new and improved Paper Garden Blog. I'd love to have you stop by. Just click HERE

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Garden Party for July 8 -with a prize!

Time once again for the Garden Party Challenge - where a magazine clipping snagged from the "Inspiration Shoe Box" is used as a basis for a card.

Here is the photo from last week --->

Ahhh.... to just sit there with a Margarita...............

I really love the gazebo made from natural sticks (sorry about the photo - I need to take better pictures of my pictures). And that table is awesome! I want one.

And... Hooray! Laura played along! Check out her super cute card HERE. And while you are there, scroll down and check out the seriously awesome 4th of July card. I love it too!

Edited to Add:

Look! Philippa played along too! Check out here lovely card HERE. Very beautiful - thanks for playing along!

So here is my version - a little more abstract than usual. I tried to capture the gazebo texture with one of my all time favorite background stamps.

The hydrangea flowers are from the Blissful Flowers set from Stamping Sensations. They are colored with Copics and I inked the edges with Distress Vintage Photo and duster brushes (yes- duster brushes again!)

I added the dew droplets to mimic the glass vases. The scalloped border was made with the threading water border punch - to capture the table.

So there is my attempt.

And here is the photo for next week. Something a little different.

And Johanna from Odd Bird Planet is providing a prize this week!

One person randomly drawn from all who participate will win a $5 certificate towards anything from Odd Bird Planet. Take a look at all those yummy images and you'll be hooked!

So... if you want participate - just leave a comment on this post with a link to your card by the end of the day Monday, July 14. You can use any stamps, paper, embellishments, etc.


Oh - one last thing, I had a question on where to get my beloved duster brushes.

I sell them in the Paper Garden Projects store. You can see them HERE. Right now, I usually only ship within the US. But if you see something you want and need mailed internationally, just send me an E-mail and I'll see what I can work out for you.

Have a great Tuesday!

3 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a lovely card. Would you believe my hard drive died yesterday? I'll still link you up once I can get it up--hopefully my hubby will have the laptop hooked up to things tonight. I can't even print my images that are due for the 21st. Yikes.

Anonymous said...

I did it! I finished the other day and forgot to photograph it, lol. So here it is now
http://www.limetart.com/twistedlime/

itsallrosi said...

Hi Cathrine! Here's mine for this week: http://itsallrosie.blogspot.com/2008/07/cathrines-garden-party_13.html