I have moved!

Please visit the new and improved Paper Garden Blog. I'd love to have you stop by. Just click HERE

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Garden Party for October 7

gpoct7photo Its Tuesday - time for a magazine clipping from the "Inspiration Shoe Box" to become the basis for a card.  If you remember, this was the picture from last week.

I pulled this picture from the stack of clipping Debbie sent me.  I like the crisp red and white color scheme - and the cute round pillows on the bed. 

So here is my card:

 

 

gpoct7card I was going to stamp a red and white background - but then I found some red snowflake paper - so I went with a winter theme. 

The snowflake is from the Impression Obsession Snowflake clear set.  I embossed it in this red embossing powder that has a gold sheen when you tilt it.  I got it ages ago at a stamping convention and never used it till now!  I cut the circle mattes and scalloped circle with Nestibility dies - just layered them up.  The bottom strip is a white strip punched both sides with the Threading Water punch, layered on cardstock with grosgrain ribbon on top.

The cardstock is Prism Dark Blush Red - I love that color!

So there is my attempt.........

gpoct14photo And here is the picture for next week.  What do you think?

I was just going to choose one of the pattern sets, but than I thought what the heck - more is better right?  So just pick anything that strikes your fancy.

If you want to play along, just post a comment here and I'll link to your creation next week.

Happy stamping everyone - and stay tuned tomorrow.......... rumor has it there might be blog candy.

No comments: