I have moved!

Please visit the new and improved Paper Garden Blog. I'd love to have you stop by. Just click HERE

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Another Homemade Holiday Project - sort of...

Sorry. couldn't resist...  This stamp set is just too cute! 

ecgwinterwindow Here is a card made from some of the papers and embellishments in the Homemade Holiday kit

The stamp set is the Winter Windows Cling set.  I used all 3 of the stamps in the set, but you could also use just one of the windows if you wanted a smaller card. (this one is 5 1/4" square).

To make the card, I stamped the two windows on white paper with Memento Tuxedo and then masked them both with Eclipse Paper.  Then I swept Distress Vintage Photo ink over the white cardstock with a duster brush.  Then I pulled the masks off and colored the white images with Copic Markers.  I added a little glitter to the snow with a Quickie Glue Pen.

The sentiment is cut out with a Nestibility die and also inked with the brush and Vintage Photo.  If you leave the die in place, you can get the nice white border around the saying.

Don't you just wonder what they are thinking about?  Maybe they're waiting for Grandma to come over for Christmas Dinner.  Or maybe they are watching snow fall and hoping for a "snow day" off of school tomorrow.

5 comments:

Maria said...

Such a cute card Catherine! I love how the kids are looking out the window. Smart idea to stamp two windows!! Maybe they're thinking or wishing they could play out doors but it's too cold outside! LOL!!

Great card!

Maria

Linda Carson said...

Adorable!!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

SO amazingly gorgeous! I would have never thought to double up the windows. Brilliant layout. Those two are irresistibly cute. Makes me wanna shop (more) LOL :O)

Kathi said...

Those stamps are adorable and you used them sooo well.

Great card!

Mich said...

This is just the cutest stamp !!! And a great card came out of it !!