I have moved!

Please visit the new and improved Paper Garden Blog. I'd love to have you stop by. Just click HERE

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Its almost too late to be early!

ecgsophie I love this image and the saying that goes with it!  These stamps are part of the Letter to Santa Cling set (the stamps are from Eat Cake Graphics - love that snowman too!).

I colored the image with Copics.  I was having a lot of trouble with my ink migrating outside my ink lines.  What's going on??  Then it dawned on me - I grabbed the paper I used from my scrap pile.  I have my favorite white cardstock  that I use with the Copics (its the cardstock in the store).  This was not it and it does not color as well.  The paper and ink combo really do make a difference in how easy and enjoyable it is to color with the Copics.  My favorite combo is Memento ink with the Wedding White or Announcement Cream cardstock in the store.

Well, I kept going (in spite of smudgy shoes) and cut the images out with my Spellbinders dies.  One of my favorite things to do is emboss the dies and then use my duster brush to ink the background edges with the die in place.  I really like the white border it leaves.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Holiday season.   I'm frantically trying to finish up projects - teacher gifts and other things.  I still have some cards to make let alone send out!  How is it this Holiday always sneaks up on me? 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cathy - I love your card, the DP, the stamp, the fibrous ribbon and brads, but most of all, I love the title to your post. Ingenius! Merry Christmas, my dear.

Crissy said...

This is an adorable card. The image is adorable!

Lori said...

This is adorable! Thanks for sharing how you got the "frame" around the image--I'll have to try that.

Kecia said...

Fabulous card. The coloring is wonderful.
Happy Holidays to you!