I have moved!

Please visit the new and improved Paper Garden Blog. I'd love to have you stop by. Just click HERE

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Easy paper ornnaments

These are super easy paper ornaments that look very pretty on a tree.

They are also very light, which is great if you are trying to hang them on a miniature real tree. (they are hanging on a 2 year old rosemary plant here).
















The first step is to punch (or diecut) 6 of the same shapes. Here I used the Marvy Giga scalloped circle. Score down the center of each.

I used Basic Grey double sided paper and gold embossed snowflakes from the Inkadinkado Snowman Sketch clear set on the planer side of the paper. It is easier to score before you emboss.


Fold the shapes in half with the right sides inside the fold. I alternated the embossed and the patterned paper.

Then start gluing the wrong sides together to start building your ball.

Note that with the Marvy scalloped circle, the score will go through one bump on one end and between two bumps on the other. So if it seems like the pieces are not fitting together, turn one of the pieces around and it will fit fine.



Once you have 3 pieces glued, adhere a scrap of ribbon into the center for a hanger.

Then finish gluing the rest of your die cut shapes - gluing the last one to the first one to complete the circle.

If you wish, you can glitter or emboss the edges.

And that is it! You're done!

(in my samples, the other was done with the Marvy Mega Oval punch).

9 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Beautiful, and what a wonderful family project for the holidays.

Anonymous said...

Thnaks for the ornament instructions. I will use this with my girl scouts this year. They like doing easy projects. With everybody having sales on their paper this will fit into our budget just fine.

Kim said...

Very Cute! Thanks for the instructions!

emilia in Taiwan said...

Thank you Thank you Thank you ! what a easy but pretty ornament!! I love it!

Alley said...

Great tutorial, these are too cute.

Heather Grow said...

Great tutorial. I might make some of these with my crafty niece.

Etha said...

This is wonderful, I love it!! thanks for sharing :)

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

These are just stunning. The embossing is luscious! And I love how you have them hanging on your rosemary: brilliant! :0) Mel

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful!