I have moved!

Please visit the new and improved Paper Garden Blog. I'd love to have you stop by. Just click HERE

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Its not Tuesday anymore........

gpoct14photo I don't know why October is giving me such a hard time, but I just can't seem to keep up with myself!

Anyway - I missed Garden Party yesterday, so I thought I'd go ahead and post it today.  If you remember, this is the picture from last week.

 

 

 

gpoct14card I started with the lower right circle and ended up with this.

The color palette is different (although there is orange in both).  But I got to use my new Basic Grey Ambrosia paper pad.  I really like this Basic Grey collection - I think it is my favorite since Blush.

I also used the cling mounted Winterberry Branches Stamp Set from Odd Bird Planet.  I love how elegant Gigi looks.  The image is stamped with Memento London Fog and colored with Copics.  I added a little giltter pen to Gigi and the berries.

The circles and scalloped circles are made with Nestibility dies.  I actually cut the red scalloped circle out of the center of the red outside matte, then covered it with the patterned piece to save paper.  (when I really like a collection I tend to hoard it a bit).

gpoct21photo So there is my attempt. 

And here is next week's picture.  I drew it out of the stack that Debbie sent me.  Sigh....  makes me want a vacation!

If you'd like to play along, just post a comment here with a link to your creation and I'll highlight it in next week's post.

4 comments:

Linda Carson said...

I'd say you nailed another challenge! Beautiful card!

Debbie said...

Hi Cathy. Here's my entry for the Garden Party Challenge this week:

http://1of2shoes.blogspot.com/2008/10/garden-party.html

I wish more people would play.

Teresa said...

Cathy- that card is lovely- the stamp is really beautiful!

Janine said...

Thanks for visiting my site... I like the card you did for this challenge!!