I have moved!

Please visit the new and improved Paper Garden Blog. I'd love to have you stop by. Just click HERE

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Homemade Holiday Project 5 - Holiday Card Set

On to the fifth project I made with the Homemade Holiday kit (I still have more, hope your not sick of them by now!).

webcardsetup The kit includes a clear card box for making a gift set of cards.  The box easily fits these 4 cards and will hold more.  I made my cards with the same layout, just varying the colors.

Supplies from the kit:
  • Popcorn Tree and Charles Cardinal Stamps
  • Clear Card Box
  • Holly Jolly Stripe and Let It Snow paper
  • Maraschino, Leapfrog, Harvest and Announcement Cream cardstock
  • Snowflake embellishment
Other Supplies

webcardsingle I stamped and colored Popcorn Tree and Charles Cardinal for each card.  For more info on how I colored Popcorn tree, you can go to THIS POST

Crop around Popcorn Tree and punch out Charles Cardinal.  Ink the edges with Peeled Paint Distress ink and a Duster brush.  Stamp the "hello" sentiment form Sentiment Collection I.  Matte both images with green.

Create and A2 size card from cream cardstock.  Punch a 1 1/2" wide, 4 1/4: long strip of green with the snowflake border punch.  Adhere to the card base just slightly above the bottom of the card.  Adhere a piece of patterned paper (4 1/4" by 4 3/4") over the top.

Adhere the images as shown using foam tape to pop up the cardinal.  Adhere the snowflake embellishment.

I added Ruby Slippers Stickles to my cranberries.  These new Glitz Stickles are really sparkly!

webcardsetband I created 4 cards for the set (varying the colors).  Then I added a band around the card box.  The band was made with a 2 1/4" wide strip of cream, then a 2 1/2" strip of red punched on both sides with the snowflake border punch (the strip is 2" wide after punching), then a 1" strip of Stripe paper.  I matted Charles Cardinal on a circle and scalloped circle for the center.  (He's a little glitzed up with some Stickles there....).

webcardsetflatSo there is project 5.  Thanks so much for stopping by to my little blog.

I've joined Paper Craft Planet and I would *LOVE* to have more friends.  So if you are on there or join please add me as a friend.  (acckk... I feel like I'm in High School).

There is also a Group over there for Paper Garden Projects.  I'm hoping to use it to share ideas, projects and news - so please join - if you're so inclined.

3 comments:

The Johnsons said...

I've joined the site!!!! So, I'll be sure to hunt you down and add you :)

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Wow Cathrine! GORGEOUS! I love the bakery bag below too! BEAUTIFUL and so festive!!

Catherine said...

Totally amazing card set, Cath!
Gets me in the mood for xmas music!