I have moved!

Please visit the new and improved Paper Garden Blog. I'd love to have you stop by. Just click HERE

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Garden Party for July 1

Its Garden Party Tuesday - where a magazine clipping plucked from the "Inspiration Shoebox" is used as the inspiration for a card.
Here is the picture posted last week ---->
I like the colors, although I don't know if I'd be gutsy enough to decorate my own home with them. (But I painted 2 giant trees on the walls of one DD's room - so who knows.)








And here is my card. It seems like I've been using flowers a lot lately, so I switched over to strawberries. The stamps are from Odd Bird Planet - Strawberry Pair and Berry Sweet.

I colored it with Copics and cut it out with my Nestibilities die. Then I inked the background with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and a duster brush while the cutting die was still in place to keep the cream edge. The matte is cut and embossed with a scalloped die.

The patterned paper is from the Basic Grey Blush collection. The bottom edge is punched with a Threading Water Punch.



So there is my attempt....

And here is the photo for next Tuesday. Hmmmm.... interesting. I guess we'll see...

If you'd like to play along, just post a comment here with a link to your creation and I'll include it in Tuesday's post.



8 comments:

Kathi Rerek said...

Your card is beautiful. I especially love the shadow under the berries.

Allison said...

What a super colored set of strawberries...great shading too!

Sarah Schwerin said...

I love your strawberry card! It is such an awesome take on the challenge! The colours are just gorgeous!

Emilia said...

I was thinking to make last week challenge in theme of sweet too! I love your work for that! So sweet and lovely.

:)

Catherine said...

I can't believe I forgot to make a card for last week's inspiration! UGH!!!! Your's is super cute - and has me craving berries!

Beth Norman said...

Cute card. I so want to get this done this evening--in time for your deadline. Let's see if I can manage.

~Michelle~ said...

Catherine....I so love this next inspiration piece....I have no idea what I'll do with it...but I'm gonna play!

Love seeing what you come up with each week!!

Laura O'Donnell said...

Hi Cathrine, I played along this week! Come see: http://itsallrosie.blogspot.com/2008/07/cathrines-garden-party.html