I have moved!

Please visit the new and improved Paper Garden Blog. I'd love to have you stop by. Just click HERE

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Garden Party for July 22....er....23

The Garden Party is running a little late this week..... probably spending way too much time ogling all the yummy stuff coming out of CHA. One of these days I'm gonna go!

Anyway, here is the inspiration photo posted last week.
And here is the card I ended up with. I kind of wimped out and just focused on the pillow and the couch. I added texture to the background to try to mimic the fabric on the couch. Its a Bazzill bling paper (Blank Check - gotta like that color name) that is "Cuttlebugged". Then I brushed over it lightly with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and a Duster Brush to highlight the texture.

And I tried to tie in the green and Burgundy red colors.

This stamp is called Rose Bouquet and its from Paper Inspirations. You can see it HERE.

I'm really impressed with how well these detailed images stamp (really impressed??.... there is a pun in there somewhere....). They come out clean every time.

This might look a little intimidating to color, but its really not because the image does most of the shading for you.

I colored the image with my Copic Markers. Here are the ones I used. I also used colorless blender along the outside edge of the foliage to blend it into to background a little.





So here is next week's photo. Something a little different, and I already have an idea!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

Teresa said...

Cathy- your card is GORGEOUS!!!!

Linda Carson said...

Love it! You did an outstanding job! Thanks for showing the Copics you used too.

itsallrosi said...

Cathrine this card is gorgeous! Sorry I couldn't play this week, we were in chocolatetown. Loving the image for next week. I'm seeing la mer.

Kathi said...

You did a great job with your inspiration. The card is lovely.

One day I WILL do one of your challenges.

Michelle Pearson said...

love what you did...that photo had me stumped! You nailed it though!!

I love the next sketch....I'm going to try to play this week!!!

itsallrosi said...

Hi Cathrine, I did this one:

http://itsallrosie.blogspot.com/2008/07/cathrines-garden-party_29.html